1. POSITION VACANT: Budget Officer, Evidence Action, New Delhi
2. ORGANIZATION BACKGROUND:
Founded in 2013, Evidence Action is a global, non-profit organization operating in seven countries in Africa and Asia, that aims to be a world leader in scaling evidence-based and cost-effective programs, to reduce the burden of poverty for hundreds of millions of people living in the poorest places on earth.
“Deworm the World Initiative” and “Dispensers for Safe Water” are the two flagship programmes of Evidence Action. Last year Deworm the World reached 280 million people with deworming medications, partnering with governments to launch, scale, and sustain mass school-based deworming programs. Meanwhile, Dispensers for Safe Water provided four million people across rural Africa with clean water, saving thousands of young lives. The approach relies on an innovative and human-centric design to deliver clean water at source.
In addition to running these scaled programs, Evidence Action leverages its unique “Accelerator” to develop the next generation of programs. These programs are rigorously tested to ensure exceptional scale, cost-effectiveness, and clear evidence of impact.
In 2019, Evidence Action launched an ambitious new strategy, with the goal of doubling impact over the next five years, with much of that impact coming from new programs identified and scaled through the Accelerator.
In India, Evidence Action’s technical service provider EAII Advisors Private Limited, provides technical assistance to national and selected state governments’ Ministries of Health, Education, and Women and Child Development, to implement the school and Anganwadi based National Deworming Day (NDD) and Iron and Folic Acid (IFA) supplementation programs, to improve children’s health, education, and long-term development.
For more information, please visit https://www.evidenceaction.org/.
3. JOB DESCRIPTION/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Senior Manager Budgets and Reporting (SM-BR), the Budget Officer (BO) shall work closely with team members across different functions and support them in developing organizational budgets and generating periodic budgetary control reports. S/he shall be responsible for the consolidation and review of State Budgets during the annual budgeting exercise, as well as their quarterly revision, and also for the preparation of Monthly Budget vs. Actual, based on the Monthly Expenditure Report, and preparation and analysis of Budget vs Actual Variance Reports.
The post-holder must possess a sense of collaboration and be a team player. S/he should also be a self-initiator, who can handle tasks independently.
Key Job Responsibilities:
(1) Review State Office budgets and expenditures in alignment with programmatic goals, ensuring that funds are effectively utilized against program deliverables;
(2) Support the SM-BR in the preparation of management reviews on program activities, as well as periodic financial reports;
(3) Provide inputs to the budgeting process for various projects, in addition to quarterly Budget vs. Actual (and variances) Analysis for global reporting and review of program activities;
(4) Extend support for the development of financial proposals, concept notes and work plans for various project/ program proposals, submitted to donors;
(5) Collaborate with the Program and MLE teams, seeking inputs for financial proposal development and for the purposes of budget vs. actual review and analysis;
(6) Strictly follow team objectives and individual activity plans and proactively contribute to the achievement of strategic directions of the organization, ensuring adherence to quality and timeliness in respect of deliverables;
(7) Support the SM-BR in activities relating to process and system improvement;
(8) Assist with the preparation of monthly invoices and cash flow planning;
(9) Periodically update the Cost Allocation policy;
(10) Assist the SM-BR in handling day to day activities and perform other duties as assigned from time to time, including coordination with other colleagues.
4. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
Postgraduate/ Graduate in commerce/ financial management.
(1) Three to four years of experience with a reputed organization, preferably in the development sector;
(2) Experience of working with international donors shall be an added advantage.
Skills and Competencies
(1) Good knowledge of budgeting, variance analysis, MIS and reporting;
(2) Advanced Excel skills, with capability of developing complex formulas and using functions like PIVOT, SUMIFS and others;
(3) Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
(4) Excellent verbal and written communication skills to interact with Senior Management and the Global Team;
(5) Dynamic, self-initiator who can work independently and under supervision with the team, to meet deadlines;
(6) Result-oriented and solution-seeking approach to tasks and ability to work under pressure while maintaining high standards of quality;
(7) Ability to deliver under strict timelines;
(8) Good report writing skills.
5. COMPENSATION OFFERED:
Gross compensation for the position is attractive. Please note that the offer made to the selected candidate shall be commensurate with qualifications, experience, and salary history.
6. LOCATION: New Delhi
7. REFERENCE: BO-EA
8. CONTACT INFORMATION:
Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd.
1/1B, Choudhary Hetram House, Bharat Nagar
New Friends Colony, New Delhi 110 025
Phone Nos.: 011- 4081 9900; 4165 3612
9. APPLICATION PROCESS:
Eligible candidates interested in the position are requested to apply using the link https://recruitment.samshrm.com/jobs/EA, by or before, September 20, 2022.