Chief Financial Officer
1. POSITION VACANT: Chief Financial Officer, HelpAge India, New Delhi
2. ORGANIZATION BACKGROUND:
HelpAge India is a secular, apolitical, non-profit and non-governmental organization, registered under the Indian Societies’ Registration Act of 1860. It voices the concerns of India’s elderly. Formed in 1978, the organisation’s mission is “to work for the cause and care of disadvantaged older persons and to improve their quality of life”.
HelpAge India is one of the founding members of HelpAge International, a high profile confederation of non-profits from 97 member countries, representing the cause of the elderly at the United Nations.
The organisation works in the following areas of Elder Care:
Currently there are an estimated 106 million elderly in India. HelpAge India advocates for their needs, such as, universal pension, quality healthcare, food security, action against elder abuse and many more, at the national, state and societal levels with the Central and State Governments. It also advocates for elder friendly policies and their implementation.
HelpAge India provides elderly relief through a wide range of agecare interventions, including its large mobile healthcare program providing free healthcare services to destitute elders, physio and cancer care services to terminally ill elders, formation of Elder-Self-Help Groups to enable elders become self-reliant and independent, cataract surgeries for sight restoration, Support-a-Gran program, homecare support for bed ridden patients, training of carers for the elderly, running of Elder Helplines across the country, Relief & Rehabilitation for elders post disasters and the provision of active ageing opportunities.
The organisation works hand-in-hand with Senior Citizens Associations, recognising that serving elder needs requires working with and for them. HelpAge India also empowers senior citizens through Digital Literacy workshops designed to help them keep pace with the online world and become independent. The workshops help make elders aware of Policies, Schemes and Acts beneficial to them, especially the Maintenance and Welfare of Parents and Senior Citizens Act and amendments thereto.
HelpAge India also won the prestigious 2020 UN Population Award in the institutional category a global recognition for its 42 years of work for the cause and care of elders.
For more information about HelpAge India, please visit https://www.helpageindia.org/
3. JOB DESCRIPTION/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is an exciting opportunity for a competent and ambitious senior finance professional to independently direct and lead the finance and accounts and related functions of a respected, not-for-profit organization.
Reporting to the CEO, the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) shall be a part of the senior management team, with responsibility for providing strategic leadership to the organization with emphasis on developing financial strategy, as well as guiding, reviewing and monitoring the development and implementation of systems and processes for the function.
The CFO shall also be responsible for mentoring and providing operational leadership and technical guidance to finance and accounts staff, thereby developing a strong and competent team and a conducive work environment.
Key Job Responsibilities:
(1) Provide strategic leadership as a member of the senior management team;
(2) Identify financial opportunities and challenges, plan and manage the financial resources to complement HI strategic plans, program and funding requirements;
(3) Develop annual financial plan and budgets and ensure timely monitoring and reporting;
(4) Responsible for all financial reviews and audits (both Statutory and Internal), including preparation of Annual Report & Accounts;
(5) Ensure compliance with all applicable statutory requirements, including but not limited to Income Tax, FCRA, GST;
(6) Responsible for managing investments and prudent cash flow management;
(7) Member of the Finance and Audit Committee (FAC) and prepare financial reports and monthly/ quarterly results to the FAC and Governing Body (GB);
(8) Ensure adherence to financial policy and procedures, continual review, streamlining and improvement, and timely reporting to stakeholders including donors;
(9) Lead and participate in the recruitment of key positions for the function.
4. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
Applicants must be qualified Chartered Accountants.
(1) Minimum 15 years’ of experience in strategically managing the finance and accounts function, of which five should be at the leadership level;
(2) Experience of reporting and coordinating with the Board and its Committees;
(3) Prior experience of working in the social sector will be an advantage.
Skills and Competencies
(1) Strong leadership skills with the ability to manage and motivate high performing teams;
(2) Excellent interpersonal, relationship and negotiation skills;
(3) Experience in and knowledge of ERP based accounting and financial systems;
(4) Demonstrated ability to take initiative and a problem-solving approach;
(5) Strong communication skills, both written and oral;
(6) Sound knowledge about financial aspects and legal requirements for NGOs, including FCRA and all Tax Laws that pertain to the sector;
(7) Excellent staff management skills and the ability to lead and motivate a diverse team of finance professionals.
5. COMPENSATION OFFERED:
The gross compensation for the position is attractive and compares favorably with the remuneration paid by progressive non-profits in the sector. The offer made to the selected candidate shall be commensurate with qualifications, experience and salary history.
6. LOCATION: New Delhi
7. REFERENCE: CFO-HI-DL
8. CONTACT INFORMATION:
Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd.
1/1B, Choudhary Hetram House, Bharat Nagar
New Friends Colony, New Delhi 110 025
Phone Nos.: 011- 2684 2162; 4165 3612
9. APPLICATION PROCESS:
Eligible candidates interested in the position are requested to apply using the link https://recruitment.samshrm.com/jobs/HI, by or before September 12, 2022.